At the center of ArmoryBook is the tracking of guns and everything related to owning and using a firearm.
Gun information is broken down into 4 main sections: Basic, Acquisition, Images and Sales. Each section can be collapsed and expanded by clicking on the section heading or on the arrow on the right hand side of the heading. This allows for easily grouping and hiding of information that doesn't need to be reviewed every time a gun is opened.
Basic Information about each gun is recorded, for example make, model, year, ammo caliber and serial number. Keeping an accurate inventory of your firearms, containing serial numbers and images, is important in situations of theft or damage.
An important part of ArmoryBook are the reports that can be generated based on how each firearm is categorized. Tags allow for user definable categories that can be tracked on each firearm. These tags can be used for queries like: military surplus guns, Swiss guns, or straight pull rifles.
Acquisition Information allows tracking purchase date, amount, source and notes relevant to a guns purchase. Recording how much was paid for a gun allows for estimating an increase in a collections value (based on the difference with estimated value) and can be used when selling a gun in the future to ensure it is not being under priced.
Images can be stored for purposes of documentation for insurance as well as condition of the firearm for future reference (like if you are tracking the progress of a crack in the stock).
Image viewing in ArmoryBook is done using a very powerful image viewer, here are the basic features.
- + and - buttons in the upper left corner of the image allow for easy zooming
- Button directly below - returns the image back to the original size
- Button with four arrows will switch the image viewer to full screen mode, clicking on the button again, or using the ESC key, will return back to normal viewing mode
- The Play button to the right will start a slide show of all the images
- The right side of the image viewer contains thumbnail images that can be used for quick navigation to desired image
- Using the > button on the upper left of the thumbnails will hide the thumbnail images so that the main image will take the complete viewer
Sale Information allows for tracking sale date, amount, source and notes revevent to a guns sale. Hopefully this information will only be needed if you are trying to track down a gun that you sold and just absolutely have to have it back.
Clicking on any of the images displayed on this page will display a larger image of that screen.
- Basic Information
- Serial Number
- Ammo Caliber
- Country of Origin
- Estimated Value
- Gun Tags
- Information Links
- Acquisition Information
- Gun Images
- Gun Images
- Sale Information